The Department of Science & Technology and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India sanctioned Rs.1.50 Crore for establishing a Startup Centre at IIT Bhubaneswar. Prof. R. V. Raja Kumar, Director, IIT Bhubaneswar inaugurated the centre on 20th June 2016. The Startup Centre is envisioned to have enrollment minimum of 10 startups in the 1st year of its commencement. This facility is going to be made available to all budding entrepreneurs of the region.
The Objectives of IIT Bhubaneswar Startup Centre are:
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship in the state.
- To promote new technology/ knowledge/ innovation based startups.
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialisation of technology developed by new entrepreneurs.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries, and other institutes.
The following facilities may be provided to register startup entity:
- Food Court Facility: Food/ Snacks/ Tea available in Atmaram Hotel, which is situated at 50 yards distance from the startup centre.
- Lodging Facility: Rooms are available in subsidised rate for startup centre in nearby Atmaram Hotel.
- Working / office space,
- Internet facility, electricity facility
- Laboratory and workshop facilities
- Mentoring services
- Seed grant maximum upto Rs.2.5 Lakh.