Advanced topics in combinational and sequential design: Use of CAD, design methodologies, system decomposition, arithmetic modules, and design of complex sequential systems. Introduction to FPGA architectures: Overview, programming technologies, configurable logic block, FPGA routing architectures. Logic design with Verilog: Introduction to Verilog, logic design with behavioral models of combinational and sequential logic, synthesis of combinational and sequential logic, design and synthesis of data path controllers, programmable logic and storage devices, algorithms and architectures for digital processors, architectures for arithmetic processors, coding for FPGAs. Designing with FPGAs: Design flow for FPGAs, prototyping with FPGAs, and debugging. (Utilize commercial FPGA development tools for compilation, simulation, synthesis, implementation, and debugging).
Prerequisite: (a) Theory - Digital Electronics or Equivalent (b) Lab - Digital Electronics Lab or Equivalent
- Advanced Digital Design with the Verilog HDL (2nd Edition 2017) by Michael D.Ciletti. ISBN: 9789332584464, Publisher: Pearson.
- Advanced FPGA Design: Architecture, Implementation, and Optimization by Steve Kilts. ISBN: 9780470054376, Publishers: Wiley, 2007
- Verilog HDL (2nd Edition) by Samir Palnitkar. ISBN: 9788177589184, Publisher:Pearson, 2003.
- Field-Programmable Gate Arrays: Reconfigurable Logic for Rapid Prototyping and Implementation of Digital Systems by Richard C. Dorf, John V. Oldfield. ISBN: 9788126516612, Publisher: Wiley, 2008.
- Digital System Design with FPGA: Implementation Using Verilog and VHDL by Cem Unsalan, Bora Tar, ISBN: 9781259837906, McGrawHill Publications.
- Designing with Xilinx FPGAs using Vivado, Editor, Sanjay Churiwala, Springer 2016.
- Verilog: Frequently Asked Questions: Language, Applications, and Extensions by Shivakumar S. Chonnad, Needamangalam B. Balachander. ISBN: 978-0387228341, Publisher: Springer, 2007.
- Advanced Digital Logic Design: Using VHDL, State Machines, and Synthesis for FPGAs by Sunggu Lee. ISBN: 978-0534466022, Nelson Engineering, 2005.
- Programming FPGAs-Getting Started with Verilog by Simon Monk, ISBN: 978- 1259643767, McGrawHill Publications. ISBN: 978-0982497098, LBE Books.
- Digital Design Using Digilent FPGA Boards: Verilog / Vivado Edition by Richard EHaskell, Darrin M Hanna
- Zynq-7000 SoC, Technical Reference Manual
- ZedBoard, https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-8dyf-11.html