About MTTS: The mathematics training and talent search (MTTS) programme is one of the most popular and significant summer training programme in India. MTTS has been running since 1993 and has made an impressive impact on mathematical scene in the country. The aim of this programme is to promote mathematical thinking and expose young minds to the excitement of doing mathematics.
Every year the MTTS-headquarter receive a large number of applications from all parts of the country. Due to limitation of resources and seats, a large number of deserving students do not get an opportunity to participate in main camp of the MTTS. In order to provide opportunities to more number of students at regional levels, a Mini-MTTS programme has been initiated and which runs on the same line as the main MTTS.
A two week Mini Mathematics Training and Talent Search (Mini-MTTS) Programme will be organized during December 9-21, 2013 at the School of Basic Sciences, IIT Bhubaneswar to provide an opportunity to Mathematics students in the Eastern Region, in particular the state of Odisha for imparting training in basics of Mathematics.
Academic Programmes: There will be courses in Foundations, Linear Algebra and Real Analysis. The aim of the instructions is not to give routine lectures but to involve the students in participatory learning and to think and discover mathematical results. The faculty members are active mathematicians with a commitment to teaching and are from various leading institutions.
Eligibility: First year or Second year B.Sc. (Hons) students in Mathematics.
Venue: Toshali Bhawan, IIT Bhubaneswar, Satyanagar, Bhubaneswar- 751007, Odisha
|Last date of receiving applications at MTTS Headquarter||October 10, 2013|
|Announcement of list of selected students in MTTS website||October 22, 2013|
|Last date of receiving confirmation from selected students||November 8, 2013|
|Arrival of participants at IIT Bhubaneswar||December 8, 2013|
|Duration of the programme||December 9-21, 2013|
|Departure of participants at IIT Bhubaneswar||December 22, 2013|
How to apply:
1. Download Application form from here (PDF) or (DOC). The forms can also be downloaded from http://www.mtts.org.in/
2. Fill up the application form.
3. Ask one of your mathematics teacher who is closely acquainted with you to write one recommendation letter.
4. Enclose the application form and the recommendation letter in one Envelope. Label it as MINI-MTTS@IITBBS and send it by Speed-Post to:
Professor S. Kumaresan
Director, MTTS Program
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Hyderabad
P.O. Central University, Hyderabad, 500046
5. Announcement of the list of selected students in MTTS website will be on October 22, 2013.
6. Selected students should send their confirmation/acceptance letter to the local coordinator Dr. Sasmita Barik (whose address is given below) on or before November 8, 2013. Format in which acceptance letter should be prepared can be downloaded from here (PDF).
Selection: The selection will be purely on merit, based on consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from the mathematics professor closely acquainted with the candidate.
Professor S. Kumaresan
Dr. T. V. S. Sekhar
Dr. Sasmita Barik
For any further information please visit MTTS website: http://www.mtts.org.in