Revised SOP effective from 1st November 2021 @IIT Bhubaneswar
- Maintaining social distancing and wearing masks are mandatory at all the times, when more than one person is in contact. Hand hygiene need to be practiced by washing the hands for a minimum 20 – 30 seconds with a prescribed hand wash liquid. Anyone caught not wearing the masks will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 500/-, which would double during the second time. ASO and security personnel are authorized to identify and inform about the defaulter/s.
- Only fully vaccinated personnel (and have completed 2 weeks of time span from 2nd dose) are allowed inside the campus. Single dose or non-vaccinated personnel are not allowed except for genuine cases and such cases need to be approved by concerned Institute authorities.
- All the Fraternity of IIT Bhubaneswar (campsites and off-campus residents), who are fully vaccinated and have completed 2 weeks of time span from 2nd dose, visiting outside Khurda-Bhubaneswar-Cuttack regions and while coming back, mandatorily required to inform the nodal officer, CPTF (firstname.lastname@example.org). They need to submit a self-declaration that the place of visit is not a containment zone/red zone (the information is available on Government websites). Quarantine/RTPCR test needed only for those visiting contaminated area and red zones (declared time to time at respective government websites). On arrival at campus, they must visit medical unit for screening. RTPCR test report and quarantine period are not required for fully vaccinated (and have completed 2 weeks of time span from the 2nd dose date).
They need to observe the following advisory:
- The whole family should maintain social distancing, frequent hand washing and wearing of an N 95 mask, avoid attending gathering and using of the stair preferably for 3 days. Quarantine/RTPCR test is needed only for those visiting contaminated area or a red zone.
- Report to medical unit if any symptoms occur.
- They should avoid to engage domestic maids for 3 days and adhere to the previous SOPfor domestic maids circulated on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 with amendments made on 1st September 2021.
- Those who are single dose vaccinated or 14 days not completed after 2nd dose should undergo RT-PCR on arrival.
- Guests of the member of the Institute (campsites and off-campus residents)also need to follow the same instructions given in (ii). No-one with single dose or non-vaccinated are allowed. Appropriate permission need to be taken from the CPTF in case of urgency.
- 4. The outside technicians and commercial vendors from Odisha, are allowed, for a short duration, subject to the permission from the campsite, only if they had undergone at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccination) and have completed 2 weeks of time span after the vaccination), and wear face shield, gloves and N95 mask or double mask. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit. The Institute persons are advised not to interact with the technicians closely and the workspace is required to be sanitized immediately after the technician leaves the place. The visitor need to submit a self-declaration that they have not visited containment zone/red zone five days prior to IIT Bhubaneswar visit.
- The technical personnel and commercial vendors visiting from outside Odisha can visit the Institute provided they are fully vaccinated and needs to wear a PPE Kit during the entire period of work. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
- Domestic helpers or maids, Tutors, Drivers and Coaches are allowed to the campus with a single dose of vaccination (Covishield), for Covaxin both doses are must (and have completed 2 weeks of time span after the vaccination date), along with police verification submission slip. During a family member’s quarantine period, maids are not allowed. They should adhere to previous SOP for domestic maid circulated on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
- All the shops in the Commercial Complex can remain open till 10 p.m. whereas the medical shop can open for 24x7.
- All the fraternity must inform the Medical Unit (Phone: 0674 7139200) and in case of any illness is noted (email: email@example.com).
- All the Fraternity attending any public functions (marriages, social gatherings, public services, etc.) should inform the details to the nodal officer.
- Students entering the hostel, have to undergo an RT-PCR test within 72 hours of arrival at the campus followed by 7 days quarantine. For any positive case that arises during this period, the quarantine period will be extended depending on the situation. This is applicable to those who complete a 7 days quarantine as on 1st November 2021.
- Students who have fully vaccinated and have completed 2 weeks of time span from 2nd dose, going to Bhubaneswar for medical reasons or research or project work and return on the same day: may visit the hospitals (for medical purposes), institutions and research centers (for official research/project work). However, the concerned student and associated faculty and staff need to certify that the place of visit is not a containment zone, visited only that place which mentioned, and the student followed the covid protocols strictly. Following that certification, a student can come back to hostel, stay in own rooms, and take additional precautions to minimize the interaction. For other cases, where individual visits happen (vaccinated students and following protocols) need to be in isolation rooms for 3 days. However, for any symptomatic/medical cases, the medical unit will take care of quarantine, as and when required. Violation of the guidelines lead to initiation of disciplinary action.
For any medical emergencies, concerned member may contact medical unit for immediate action. Efforts would be made to provide appropriate care.
- Field trips, Educational trips and Medical camps for a group of students with prior recommendation from the respective schools/departments/warden need to be referred to the CPTF team. The CPTF team would make efforts (along with respective schools/wardens) to have these camps in “exclusive to IIT students mode” and supervise the sanitization, and follow the covid protocols. There should be one or more designated Institute authorities to certify that the students practice proper covid protocols and the visit to the only place for which the permissions were sought. The CPTF team then recommend an appropriate decision to the competent authority for approval.
- Zomato, swiggy and other food vendors are allowed till the main gate
- In case of COVID positive Status of fraternity or student, 17 day quarantine is a must. In case of campsites, cooked food can be supplied to them on request to Warden on payment.
- PhD students coming for viva must have fully vaccinated and wear face shield, gloves and N95 mask or double mask during the entire period of stay in the campus. They should not mix with other students of the campus.
- The personnel visiting from aboard have to get approval from CPTF team.
- Personnel violating the SOP will be liable to face appropriate action by the authorities
- If the Covid situation in either the State or the Country deteriorates then the above relaxations may be withdrawn in favour of the Institute
- For Construction Companies:
Personnel of PMCs & Construction agencies:
- Office staff, technicians and commercial vendors from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Khorda region, are allowed, subject to the permission from the nodal officer, only ifthey had undergone at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccination, and wear N-95 masks as well as hand gloves and carry sanitizers. They have to give an undertaking that they have not gone out of specified region in the last 15 days. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
- The outside staff, officer, technical personnel visiting from outside Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatnican visit the Institute only with RT-PCR negative report (72 hrs prior to the arrival at the Campus), even if both the doses of the vaccination are completed and wearing PPE kit (strictly new) during the entire period of work. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
- Construction workers from Odisha region will be allowed into the campus, after 2 doses of vaccination and have completed 2 weeks of time span. They have to give an undertaking that they have not gone out of specified region in the last 15 days. They will stay in isolated place for 5 days followed by medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
- Construction worker from outside Odisha, needs to undergo 14 days quarantine, either in the government isolation center or in the locations mutually agreed upon or newly agreed upon between the institute and PMC well in advance, followed by RT-PCR negative.
- Material transport:
- Vehicles would be allowed inside the campus if the driver hails from Odisha, at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccination and have completed 2 weeks of time span. They have to give an undertaking that they have not visited any containment zone in the last 15 days.
- If the driver hails from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni, he/she can be allowed only in special cases, with a negative RT-PCR test and fully vaccinated condition. He/she will wear a PPE Kit and not get down from the vehicle or the agency has to arrange an internal diver
In either cases of (a) or (b), the vehicle will be sanitized thoroughly at the entrance. PMC should inform SOP to the material suppliers and also to SE (Civil) in advance of the expected arrival of the vehicle at the Main gate. The entry of vehicle is permitted between 06:00 AM to 06:00 PM, however in exceptional circumstances would be dealt on case-to case basis.