SOP on Covid-19 to be followed in the Institute w.e.f. 14-09-2021
- Maintaining Social Distancing and wearing Mask are mandatory at all times, when more than one person is in interaction. Anyone noticed not wearing the mask will be fined of Rs. 500/-, which would double if found a second time without mask and so on. ASO and security personnel are authorized to identify and inform about the defaulter/s.
- Off-campus Personnel (faculty, staff, officers and students),
(a) Need to submit at the main gate a self-declaration in the prescribed format (format is available at CPTF website) on every Monday that that they did not visit any place outside Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Khurda regions in the last one-week period and also no guests visited them.
(b) Only fully vaccinated personnel are allowed inside the campus, single dose or non-vaccinated personnel are NOT allowed, excluding genuine cases which should be rectified by the institute’s nodal officer.
- (a) All the Fraternity of IIT Bhubaneswar (campsites and off-campus residents), even if vaccinated (double doses), visiting outside Khurda-Bhubaneswar-Cuttack regions (highly discouraged, however), while coming back, are mandatorily required to inform the nodal officer CPTF (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should be at home quarantine along with the whole family for 5 days followed by medical screening at our institute’s medical unit. During this period if symptoms occur or doctor recommends then RT-PCR test to be done.
RT-PCR on the day of arrival followed by work in isolation for 5 days (for those who have separate work rooms). During this period the whole family will be in quarantine. On completion of 5 days isolation, medical screening is needed before resuming his/her normal duties.
(b) For Official work visiting outside Khurda-Bhubaneswar-Cuttack regions, the quarantine period would also be considered as work from home.
(c) For Same day return on visiting outside Khurda-Bhubaneswar-Cuttack regions, home quarantine for 5 days along with the whole family followed by medical screening at our institute’s medical unit.
- Guests of the Institute (campsites and off-campus residents)also need to follow the same instructions as in the point- 3. No-one with a single dose or non-vaccinated are allowed. In genuine cases permission from the Nodal Officer is required before entering the campus. During the quarantine period, the entire host family of the concerned Guests must be at home quarantine accordingly. During home quarantine, they may avail leave or work from home with the approval of the concerned authority. Even if the guest leaves the campus before completion of 5 days, the family has to complete 5 days quarantine.
- Technicians and Commercial vendors (outsiders) from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Khorda region, can be allowed in the campus for a short duration subject to the permission from the campsite, only ifthey have taken at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccine, and wear N-95 masks as well as hand gloves and carry sanitizers. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit. The Institute persons are advised not to interact with the technicians closely and the workspace is required to be sanitized immediately after the technician leaves the place.
- Technical personnel visiting from outside Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni can visit the Institute only with RT-PCR negative report (72 hrs prior to the arrival at the Campus), even if both the doses of the vaccine are completed. Wearing PPE kit (strictly new) during the entire period of work is mandatory. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
- Domestic helpers or maids, Tutors, Drivers and Coachesare allowed to the campus. For them, at least a single dose of Covishield vaccine, Or both doses of Covaxin vaccine are required, along with a police verification report. During family members’ quarantine period, maids are not allowed. They should adhere to the previous SOP for domestic maids circulated on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 with amendments made on 1st September 2021.
- All the shops in the Commercial Complex remain open till 10 p.m.except Pharmacy (time 24x7).
- All the fraternitymust inform the Medical Unit (Phone: 0674-7139200, email: email@example.com) and in case of any illness is noted.
- All the Fraternity attending any public functions (marriages, social gatherings, public services, etc.) should inform the details to the nodal officer, Dr. Ashima Sarkhel
- Students entering the hostel,have to submit RT-PCR test report, conducted within 72hours before arrival in the campus followed by 10 days of quarantine.
- PhD students coming for viva-voce exam have to come with RT-PCR negative report (within 72 hrs before arrival), even if both the doses of the vaccine are completed and have to wear PPE kit (strictly new) during the entire period of stay in the campus. They should not mix with other students of the campus.
- Students going to Bhubaneswar for medical reasons or for appearing in exams, need to undergo 5 days hostel quarantine on return.
- Food vendors (Zomato, Swiggy etc.) are allowed till the main gate only.
- In case of COVID positive Status of fraternity or student, 17 days quarantine is must. In case of campsites, cooked food can be supplied to them on payment basis on their request to the hostel Warden.
Personnel violating the SOP will be liable for disciplinary action of the institute.
If the Covid situation in either the State or the Country deteriorates then the above relaxations may be withdrawn in favour of the Institute.
SOP For Construction Companies
- Personnel of PMCs & Construction agencies-
(i) Office staff, technicians and commercial vendors from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Khorda region, are allowed, subject to the permission from the nodal officer, only if they had undergone at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccination, and wear N-95 masks as well as hand gloves and carry sanitizers. They have to give undertaking that they have not gone out of the specified region in last 15 days. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
(ii) The outside staff, officer, technical personnel visiting from outside Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni can visit the Institute only with RT-PCR negative report (within 72 hrs from the arrival at the Campus), even if both the doses of the vaccine are completed and wearing PPE kit (strictly new) during the entire period of work. They need to undergo initial medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
(iii) Construction workers from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack-Khorda region will be allowed into the campus, after 2 doses of vaccination. They have to give undertaking that they have not gone out of the specified region in last 15 days. They will stay in an isolated place for 5 days followed by medical screening at the institute’s medical unit.
(iv) Construction workers from outside Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni, needs to undergo 14 days quarantine, either in the government isolation center or in the locations mutually agreed upon or newly agreed upon between the institute and PMC well in advance, followed by RT-PCR negative.
- Material Transport:
(i) Vehicles would be allowed inside the campus if the driver hails from Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni, at least single dose of covishield or double dose of covaxin vaccination. They have to give undertaking that they have not gone out of the specified region in the last 15 days.
(ii) If the driver hails from outside the Bhubaneswar-Cuttack twin city, Khurda and Jatni, he can be allowed only in special cases, with a negative RT-PCR test and fully vaccinated condition. He will wear a PPE Kit and not get down from the Vehicle.
Agency arrange an internal driver
In either cases of (i) or (ii), the vehicle will be sanitized thoroughly at the entrance. PMC should inform SOP to the material suppliers and also to SE (Civil) in advance of the expected arrival of the vehicle at the Main gate. The entry of vehicles is permitted between 0600 Hrs to 1800 Hr, however in exceptional circumstances it would be dealt with on a case-to-case basis.